Where do you go when you are looking for love?
Are you considering joining an online Dating site but not sure it’s for you? Let me tell you how I first discovered online dating and why I firmly believe it fits in with our modern day lifestyles.
A couple of years ago online dating still had a stigma attached to it. Although people were using the internet as a method of dating, they did not discuss it with friends or colleagues for fear of coming across desperate.
I recall a friend of mine who was initially embarrassed to tell me she had joined an online dating site. At the time, I was rather surprised as she was an attractive girl who would be considered quite a catch.
However, after chatting to her I completely understood why she had resorted to this method of dating; she was simply tired of meeting timewasters who were not interested in committing to a relationship.
Whilst she had no desire to date some of the men who contacted her, there were quite a few she was interested in and she began a dating spell to make any “singleton” jealous.
She then struck up an online relationship with someone who lived 100 miles from her. After exchanging many emails and chatting on the telephone, she decided to meet him.
Obviously, the distance didn’t make the relationship ideal but the spark was there and she enjoyed 6 months dating someone with similar interests, shared romantic weekends together and had a fantastic holiday.
Although he didn’t turn out to be “the one”, when I asked if she regretted joining an online dating site her answer was “Definitely not!” Her view was that if she hadn’t joined an online dating site, those 6 months would have been spent moaning about meeting the same timewasters in the same old haunts and wondering “what if”.
She was simply being proactive in her search for love; after all life is far too short!
If you’re not convinced online dating is for you, here are 11 reasons why I think online dating has its advantages:-
1. 1. You don’t have to wait until the weekend to meet someone.
2. You don’t have to get dressed up for a night “online”. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in at home.
3. If you work unusual hours online dating fits in with your schedule. You can log on at any time of the day to suit you; there is always someone online waiting to chat.
4. If you start chatting to someone and then decide they are not what you are looking for, put them back in the net gently and choose another.
5. If you are tired of seeing the same old faces when you go out, there are people of all age groups all across the country waiting online to meet someone.
6. If you are new to an area online dating is a great way of meeting people whether it’s for friendship or dating. If you meet a few people online in your area, you can arrange a get together for you all rather than meeting on a one-to-one basis.
7. If all of your friends have settled down or you have recently become single what better way to meet new someone quickly than to go online and meet more singles!
8. Anonymous messaging and chat rooms let you flirt to your heart’s content without any embarrassment or getting tongue-tied.
9. You will probably find out more about someone online before you arrange a date with them than you would if you had met them in a bar. Online dating usually makes people more cautious about who they choose to date and in this day and age that can’t be a bad thing!
10. We now live and date very differently to previous generations where the traditional place to meet people was in nightclubs, parties, at work or through friends. By joining an online dating site you are not excluding these avenues but simply extending your opportunities of meeting someone.
11. Finally, 1 month’s membership costs less than a night out and gives you hundreds of opportunities to meet your perfect partner – every night!
With so many positive reasons to go online for love, finding your perfect partner has never been easier. Try it out for yourself.